2019 VWMC Conference
“Exploring Emerging Water Issues”
April 10, 2019
Henrico County Training Center, Henrico, Va.
PROGRAM: Presentations run from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., with registration, coffee, and snacks starting at 9 a.m. A draft agenda is shown below (subject to change):
Keynote Speaker – Ann Jennings, Virginia Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources – Improving the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia Rivers: Our Progress and Path Forward
- The New Water Quality Portal – Roger Stewart, VA DEQ
- The Monetary Value of Citizen Volunteer Data – James Beckley, VA DEQ
- An Abundance of Murky Waters: Nutrient-color Status and Food Web Structure in Lakes Across the US – Dina Leech, PhD, Longwood University
- Citizen Science Water Quality Monitoring at the Virginia Aquarium – Alexandra P. Hobgood, Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Trash Monitoring in the Anacostia Watershed – Aubin Maynard, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- The RAFT (Resilience Adaptation Feasibility Tool) – Elizabeth Andrews, Virginia Coastal Policy Center, William & Mary Law School and Michelle Covi, PhD, Old Dominion University
- Update on DEQ Filamentous Algae Study in the Shenandoah River – Tara Wyrick, VA DEQ
- Landscape Mapping and Planning Tools for Improving Water Quality – Karen Firehock, Green Infrastructure Center Inc.
- River and Tributary Monitoring in Richmond – Grace LeRose, City of Richmond
REGISTRATION: The registration fee is just $80 and includes morning coffee, lunch & snacks. Registration requires completing the online form here and paying via check or credit card. No refunds after March 15, 2019, but substitutions are allowed.
SCHOLARSHIPS: The VWMC is proud to honor the memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks by offering scholarships in his name to cover the conference registration fee. Two “Ken Brooks Scholarships” are available to full-time college students. Click here to complete an online scholarship application form.
EXHIBITORS: We have limited space for tabletop exhibits. Each tabletop registration fee is $285, and includes registration for one person. Call Katie Register at 434-395-2602 for more details.
LOCATION: The conference will be on the second floor of the Henrico County Training Center, located at 7701 E. Parham Road, Henrico, VA 23294. Parking is free.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Katie Register, Clean Virginia Waterways of Longwood University, 434-395-2602 or email@example.com.
RECENT CONFERENCES: To view the presentation slides from past VWMC conferences, click the link below for the respective year.