“Exploring Emerging Water Issues”
Henrico County Training Center, Henrico, Va.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
PRESENTATIONS (MORE COMING SOON!)
• Virginia DEQ and Citizen Bacteria Monitoring — James Beckley; Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
• Shenandoah River Water Quality Changes Over Time — Wayne Webb; Lord Fairfax Soil and Water Conservation District and Friends of Shenandoah River.
• Virginia Conservation Assistance Program (VCAP): Making a Difference in Henrico Waters — Stacey Heflin; Henricopolis Soil & Water Conservation District.
• Making Urban Trees Count: A Stormwater Crediting Framework for Urban Tree Planting — Neely L. Law, PhD; Center for Watershed Protection.
• Chesapeake Monitoring Cooperative: Connecting the Dots with Volunteer Monitors – Liz Chudoba, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.
• An Overview of Virginia’s Healthy Waters Initiative — Gregory C. Garman, PhD; VCU Rice Rivers Center.
• Plastic Pollution as a Vector for Pathogens — Amanda Laverty; Biological Oceanography, Old Dominion University.
• Drones: A New Tool for Water Monitoring — Donglai Gong, PhD; Virginia Institute of Marine Science.
• Freshwater Salinization Syndrome: An Emerging Threat in Virginia’s Rivers? — Shahan Haq; Department of Geology, University of Maryland
• ColiFind: A Digital Image Analysis Application to Identify E. coli Colonies in Coliscan Easygel Water Quality Tests — Ana Humphrey; T.C. Williams High School.